Recently, my new friend Allison began a journey through her blog of sharing her heart and inviting those who read to follow along on her journey as the wife of a Christian music artist and more importantly, her life of surrender to Jesus. It’s been a fun way to get to know her! Yesterday, Allison shared five things readers might not know about her and invited us to reciprocate with an email to her. I did just that without giving it a second thought. I blurted out the top five things that came to my mind and it was invigorating!
This spontaneity got me to thinking…it might not be such a bad idea to begin to slowly but surely easing my way into transparency with those who read my blog. After all, we’re becoming friends, right?
And so, here are the five things I shared with Allison – five things you might not know about me.
1. I gave my life to Jesus when I was five years old at Los Gatos Christian Church. My Papa baptized me at the evening service. I remember looking up at him and saying, “I sure do” when he asked if I’d taken the Lord to be my Savior. The smile on his handsome face is forever etched in my mind’s eye. What a treat!
2. I struggle with anxiety daily. I hate it, but its real. I fight the heart fluttering feeling when I wake up by asking my sweet husband to pray and cry out to Jesus with me. (That’s a beautiful treat because for 7 years I simply cried out to Jesus by myself.)
3. I’m passionate about being a mom who follows after Gods will for my kids. I’ve prayed almost every single day that they would “follow Jesus all the days of their lives”. Sometimes its with tears, my hands raised or simply in a whisper. No matter the way, I plead with the Lord to pursue their hearts and that they would pursue His will for their lives.
4. I grew up listening to Amy Grant’s, “My Fathers Eyes” cassette tape. Over and over, I’d rewind and sing like I thought I was Amy herself. “I MAY NOT BE EVERY MOTHER’S DREAM FOR HER LITTLE GIRL …..” Stop. Rewind. Play. Stop. Rewind. Play.
5. I dream of someday sharing my story to hurting (and happy) women. I don’t know why I can’t shake this dream, but I see myself standing before thousands of people and pleading with stubborn, aching hearts to fall on their knees and meet Jesus for themselves. He saved me. Plain and simple – my story is etched with heartache and pain and redemption like only Jesus can bring.
Now, will you do what I did and share five things that I may not know about you? I’d love to share our stories! You can comment below or keep it between us and email me firstname.lastname@example.org
sharing my life with you – socialcyndi